Header Ads

Bieber sparks anger among Indonesian fans




Baby, baby, baby oh...pop star Justin Bieber has caused a major upset among his fans in Indonesia by calling their country 'some random country'.

"I was in some random country,' British tabloid Daily Mirror quoted the 18-year-old as saying last week, when explaining where one of his new tracks was produced.

Realising his stupidity, Bieber on Monday tweeted his love for Indonesia, after enraging fans in a country of 240 million people - with the third-largest Facebook community in the world and the fifth-biggest number of Twitter accounts.

"One rumour I wont stand for is saying what me and my fans have isnt real. Indonesia I see you. i love u. I love ALL MY FANS,' a post on the official #justinbieber Twitter account said.

Kiss 105 FM, an Indonesian radio station popular with teenagers, stopped playing Bieber's songs starting Friday.

"Our country has a name, we are not just some random country so we are certainly offended. What he said was inappropriate," the station's manager Beldi Dimardi Abas told AFP.

No comments